Moving to Google Chrome

Sean MacEntee - http://flic.kr/p/83gtho


Well, after using Google Chrome to access all of our work documents on GoogleDocs, I've decided to haul all of the stuff I used FireFox for over.

Managed to find the Web Developer and Firebug extensions for Chrome plus a couple of other handy ones which I'm sure I'll blog about later. So far so good, it's quick.. expose seems to run smoother on the mac having many screens open (I'm not a tab fan!!), although I'm not sure what that means from a performance perspective, maybe Chrome has a smaller footprint than FireFox. I simply haven't had a chance to open a terminal window and type the words 'top'.. well I have had a chance, just didn't do it. 

Not quite sure what to make of this 'Home' area, I would like to have some options to customise this such as having the ability to have quick bookmark references, now I know you have the quick bar at the top.. but I want fancy screencaps of my bookmarks like the 'Most Visited' boxes! Time will tell if Chrome will take over from my years and years of dedicated FireFox use, I was one of the early adopters.. y'know around the time when people still weren't quite sure what mp3s were.

FireFox will always have a place inside, purely for being the first mainstream browser to break the boundaries of web browsing and for slapping around IE6 a bit. Who knows, if it weren't for FireFox laying down some dynamite under Microsoft's IE team, we could still be using IE6... wait.. what? People still use it?? :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Positive feedback on Elevate's student inductions

Threshold Concepts, Jared and Aperture Science Laboratories.

Mahara Upgrade Complete - How did it go?